Friday, January 25, 2013

Fame Whore

I’m excited. Almost giddy. I’d been thinking how it would be nice to make a little money to pad my travel/entertainment budget - keep those road trips funded and gas in my truck for hike and horseback riding excursions. Musing about that in a conversation, an opportunity to provide some facilitation assistance arose. At the mention of the possibility, my slumbering professional alter ego lifted her head, sat bolt upright and started asking questions (the facilitator’s stock and trade). I’m surprised at what an energy booster this is. And I didn’t have to do two things I had become so weary of: promoting my self/agency and competing for work.
I’ve had other possibilities in the last several months, all of which seemed a bit much – too involved – or just too soon. But this is easy, fun facilitation - no insane timeline, high conflict, complicated funding arrangements or essential parties who don’t want to participate - just some straight-forward planning and decision-making with a group of people who already work together.
I’m back among the grownups. Sorta.


No comments:

Post a Comment