Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Nothing Doin’

I’m starting to get ideas about some things I’d like to do – get past Spanish 101 for example; take a non-fiction creative writing class (please do, you say). Yet, I still don’t feel like actually doing them - or even really committing to doing them. With no job to go back to it is easy to get stuck between the holidays and getting back to it; between the old year and the new; the end of work and the beginning of doing.  I’m still in that “in-between”. Too enamored of just being … of attending to the basics. Nothing propelling me along. Just drifting (contentedly) from one mundane thing to the next - laundry, puttering, reading, walking, writing.  Wondering. What will happen now that I’m well off shore and land is not yet in sight.

“Forget safety.
Live where you fear to live...” 
Rumi

I’m putting my compass aside. Navigating by the stars now.




No comments:

Post a Comment