Sunday, July 29, 2012

Crossing Over

I'm retiring soon - only two more days of work...after four decades of  jobs and self employment ranging from social service to waitressing to lawyering to collaboration/conflict resolution/mediation. I thought I'd participate in the modern age - having experiences (no matter how banal) and writing about them. This won't be practical advice, tips or resources for retirement. It will be a chronicle of what this transformation - this transition/adventure has been and continues to be for me. (I like double words with  slashes - that way I don't have to choose one word to describe something complex - watch out, there will no doubt be lots of them. Oh, and parentheticals).  This will be delivered in small doses. God knows (that would be small "g" if it wasn't the beginning of a sentence) I had the attention span of about two paragraphs when I was working full-tilt. I'm going to try and remember what it was like being in the work-world...as I cross over...become feral...live the answers I usually provided when anyone asked me "What are you going to do?": "Recover my authentic self" or "Whatever I want". Welcome to the ride.

1 comment: