Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The Final Run-Up

So, this past weekend I knew (obviously) that I just had two more days of work. I didn’t feel like doing anything. I didn’t have to. I felt this palpable combo of anxiety and excitement. Close but not yet here. Known but full of mystery. Which manifested in a crazy attention deficient disorder. For example: watching a movie (4:44 and recently having seen The Hunter) I think ooooh, Willem Defoe is kinda sexy...wonder how old his is. Pause. Goggle. Age appropriate. Cool. Post this revelation on Facebook (not something I do often - just another symptom of the transitory A.D.D.). Back to the movie. Hmmmm, I’m thirsty. Pause. Refrigerator. Wine? Not really a thirst-quencher, but what the heck. Fuzzy water on the side. Back to the couch. And on it went. The real in-between. I’m not good at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment